Come and see the voted 'Finest View In England' by bike!
Thrilling cycle rides straight from the door.
Sutton Bank is at the heart of some of the best traffic-free cycling in England. We have 5 cycle routes for you to choose from which are all signed. The best thing about Sutton Bank is that it isn't your typical tree lined trail centre, it is a location for those wanting to take a step into a natural environment with fast, flowing singletrack and bridleways, whilst taking in spectacular views. We describe our routes as a stacked trail centre, meaning you need to set off on the Cliff Trail to pick the Fort and Paradise Trail. (You can also pick up a map from inside the shop.)
All routes share the excitement of following the escarpment edge on the return stretch. With Lake Gormire sparkling from far below, and dizzying views all around, these rides are something to remember!
No Bike? No problem.
We have trailers for children, electric bikes, full suspension, mountain and road bikes to hire! Just click here to learn more.
- Always wear the right safety clothing - a cycle helmet is essential. (Cycling helmets are free with bike hire)
- You will be riding on natural trails and may encounter rocks, roots, drops and gullies. Please choose a trail according to your fitness and ability.
- Weather and trail conditions are changeable - carry appropriate equipment and be prepared.
- These are shared trails. Consider other users and share the trail. Expect the unexpected. Match your speed to your line of sight. Make sure you can stop in plenty of time.
- Follow any marked diversions, and watch out for farming or forest operations and vehicles.
- Mountain biking is a potentially hazardous activity and carries significant risks. Use your own judgement and base your ride on your experience and skill.
What else to do whilst your here?
Sutton Bank National Park Centre is the premier gateway to the North York Moors National Park, with the finest view in England. There are hands-on activities and exciting interactive displays, as well as thrilling walks, cycle rides straight from the car park, play areas, cafe and shop. Admission is free but there is a small £4.50 parking fee.
ABOUT NORTH YORK MOORS NATIONAL PARK
The cycle trails at Sutton Bank all fall within the North York Moors National Park. This was declared a National Park in 1952 - chosen for its amazing wealth and variety of scenery. Nowhere else in Britain can you find the same magical blend of moorland, dale, forest and coast. The National Park Authority works with landowners to ensure that this special area is conserved for future generations to enjoy.