TOP OF THE ROCK - YORKSHIRE'S ULTIMATE GRAVEL BIKING EVENT
Based at 1000ft riding the Top of the Rock is as spectacular as it is challenging. Sutton Bank is the Adventure Bike Capital of North Yorks - from here take a grand tour across moor ‘n dale & enjoy the best gravel trails the North York Moors has to offer.
Few other Gravel events can claim to have as spectacular a base as Sutton Bank- the 1000ft high Adventure Bike Capital of the North York Moors. With its sweeping views and commanding cliff edge the approach, the climb up and the vista will leave you breathless! And although we’re surrounded by wilderness trails in all directions the hub of the event has the convenience of a café, visitor centre, Skills Area, Bike Wash, surfaced parking and of course our own Sutton Bank Bikes Store.
The Top of the Rock Gravel Sportive mixes a relaxed and fun ethos with the challenge of trails ranging from smooth and flowing to technically & physically challenging. From rock strewn gullies to fast gravel singletrack, forest tracks and wide open moorland trails this event has it all- including of course our beautiful & wild autumn weather.
With a choice of three distances, professional tech’ support, two food and refreshment points and with Pace, Cube, Scott and Hope in attendance offering technical support and demos Top of the Rock promises to be one of the premier Gravel Events in the calendar.
- The event date - Sunday 12th November 2017. Registration from 8am.
- Closing date for entries - Sunday 29th October 2017.
- Course options - 3 course length options: Short: 27k (17 miles) Medium: 36k (22 miles) Long: 60k (37 Miles).
- Team size options - Team of 2 gets £1 discount per person, Team of 4 gets £2 discount per person
- Entry fees - £29 Short Course (27k/ 17 miles) £35 Medium (36k/22 miles) and £35 Long (60k/37 Miles) £35 per person.
- Entry fee includes: Map and gpx of the route (which will also be signed and marshalled), refuel stations, timing card and wrist band, 10% discount in Sutton Bank Bikes & finishers award.
- Beer tent will be on tap to refresh you after your sportive.
- Brands including Pace, Hope, Scott and Cube will be here to give you technical support and to show you current products. Demo CX bikes will also be available.
- North York Moors National Parks ask for a £1 donation on the day to help towards trail maintenance and upkeep of tracks and local bridleways.
- Event contact name and email address - Sophie Carter - firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDS 2017 TIME TRIAL SERIES
Our famous annual Kids Time Trial series is back and starts Saturday 15th April! Each one will have a theme as follows:
Saturday 15th April - Easter fancy dress
Saturday 27th May - Bug themed
Saturday 19th August - Disney themed
Saturday 21st October - Our favourite one of the year and the final of the time trial series - Halloween fancy dress!
4 age categories are:
Balance Bikes // 4-6 years // 7-9 years // 10-12 years
All starting at 2pm, pop into the shop to register then your child can have 30 minutes of practice!